Friday, August 04, 2006

Back in town...

My sock traveled to a conference with me, as did the Irish Hiking Scarf. I am now at the point of knitting the heel flap on the first sock, which I am now calling the "donny and marie sock". Remember his purple socks, anyone? the sock yarn is creating a sort of diagonal stripe, but I'm very pleased with it.

I should have a picture up later this weekend. I did make some progress on the cabled scarf but learning how to do socks just sort of sucked me in.




Edited to add: pre-heelflap pictures (camera phone).
The colors are really brighter than the first picture, but I wanted to show the striping effect it is having. The most accurate representation of color is here.

3 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I *love* the socks! Wish I had the courage to do them. You're doing a great job!

Stacie said...

Hi Kaylee,
I ordered that sock making DVD and some sock yarn. So excited seeing yours and knowing that I will be able to do this one day too. :^)
~Stacie

Annie said...

Not only do I remember his purple socks, but my cousin and I met him back when he was doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. My cousin tells him she still has her Donny doll AND a pair of purple socks just like his, and he says, "so do I!" So you will be in good company in your D&M socks!!