Sunday, November 05, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire

What are your favorite colors? Blues, greens, plums. Wines and rich earthy colors that are not drab. Deep, vibrant shades as well as soft, muted coastal shades.

Are you a new mitt knitter?
Brand new.... as in first timer!

How long have you been knitting mittens?
First timer.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
I like tone-on-tone or multicolor. Solids have their place, too... it just depends on the pattern I'm knitting.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
Natural, but soft and not itchy. Wool, alpaca, cashmere, silk blends.

Where do you usually knit mittens?
I will most likely be knitting them at home, due to my schedule.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
I use a hot pink Clinique bag until I get something better suited for the task.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?
Fetching from knitty has been on my to-do list. I also like the look of cabled wristwarmers... anything that leaves my fingers free.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
never tried them before

What new techniques would you like to try?
they are all new to me.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
I like circulars and am learning how to use DPNs.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
I adore Lisa Souza and I'm just about to try Lorna's Laces but it feels fabulous so far. Fiesta Yarn's Watermark has been my absolute best knitting experience so far. And I use Lamb's Pride a lot for snuggly slippers.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Sea Silk. Lion and Lamb. Cherry Tree Hill. But really, I'm fairly new to knitting and still exploring all the options out there.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Lady E out of Noro Transitions

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I really like the Knitpicks Classic Circulars and Options.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I'd love to say cashmere... but my personality is more of a handpainted superwash merino sock yarn... unique and vibrant, durable, soft and easy to care for.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
I try not to indulge often.

What’s your favorite animal?
My adorable lab/springer spaniel pup Gypsy.

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
fingerless mitts.

If you were a color what color would you be?
Black cherry. Or periwinkle. Or a rich caribbean teal/sapphire blend.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Northern Lights.

Do you have a wishlist?
Not an updated one.

No comments: