Friday, August 25, 2006

One skein reveal and gift!!!

I received a package in the mail this week from my One Skein secret pal. She's been a great SP and I've enjoyed this experience very much!

She's from my hometown as well, and everytime I'd see that return address I'd start thinking about all the wonderful food they have there!


I'm such a lucky girl- this package had a wonderfully squishy hat that sets off my hair beautifully. I put it on as soon as I opened the package and wore it the rest of the night. (G had to finally ask if I was planning on sleeping in it!) The yarn she used was beautiful, and it was a very cool pattern (the Honeycomb Hat by Denise Layman), made out of Bunny Print by Tahki.




She also sent me some gorgeous Classic Elite Desert. The colors on this are incredible... when I saw this, my mind immediately started racing, trying to figure out what I would make. And one of the best books for where I'm at, right now in my knitting... The Joy of Knitting Companion! I keep reading it when I should be doing homework (that's about the highest compliment I can give!) I love it!!!

The gifts also had some pretty nail polish, lip balms, sock shaped point protectors, and some lavendar body wash. So I'm thinking pampering night tonight after I finish some knitting, a manicure and softly scented bath. I'll sleep so well!

And for Gypsy- two Greenies from my SP's dog!!! Gypsy had never tried Greenies and my goodness, she LOVED them! I was lucky to get this picture before she snarfled it down.

I know Gypsy's thinking knitting pals totally rock and she wishes I took up knitting a lonnnnng time ago! :)

Thank you, One Skein SP! your comments and emails were always unexpected and thoughtful, and you have spoiled me dearly.

Thank you for making this such a fun exchange!!

No comments: