Sunday, January 28, 2007

Yarn-y wishlist

This list is for my own reference and will be updated regularly, although any future secret pals, family or friends are certainly welcome to browse through it for gift ideas. :) Since my non-knitting family has no idea how many skeins make up a pair of socks, if I need a specific number of skeins I will note those as well.

Apple Laine yarn (Apple Pie yarn)
50% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 20% Kid Mohair, 10% Nylon (would need 2 skeins)
I found this when shopping for my fiber snob pal, and a few days later Wendy from Wendy Knits mentioned it (and showed her finished socks made out of it. They are gorgeous, which cinched its position on my list.) I'm leaning towards the blues and purples, then the pink color family. The colors Blue Jeans and Strawberry Jam are also nice. Note to self: The Loopy Ewe is supposed to start carrying them soon.

Elann Baby Silk
80% Baby Alpaca/ 20% Silk
I've been wondering about this yarn for a while but have never gotten around to ordering it. I can't figure out what I would use it on- you can double it up for a worsted weight pattern, or use it as it comes (fingering weight). The color range is nice- lots of yummy reds, blues and purples.

Manos del Uruguay
One of those yarns I've coveted since I started knitting, and never tried.

Knitpicks Gloss
70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk (one skein for fingerless mitts or two for socks)
I've heard great things about this yarn but for some reason I never remember it when I'm checking out my order on the Knitpicks site! I'm not crazy about the pumpkin shade but all the others are pretty. (Edited to add: wooohooo! I have some in Black now and its in my project queue- it feels fantastic)

Regia Silk
55% Merino Wool, 20% Silk, 25% nylon (2 skeins) I've been wanting to try this and for some reason, the solids are much prettier to me than the multicolored. I especially love the look of the deeper colors- navy and burgundy.

No comments: