Sunday, July 08, 2007

Info for Sock It to Me Sock Swap


  • What are your foot measurements? Usually size 8.5, but last few times I've been shopping I've been hovering between an 8 and an 8.5.
    • Length of foot: 9.75"
    • Circumference of ball of foot: 8.5"
  • How long have you been knitting? A year and a half
  • How would you rate your experience? Adventurous beginner
  • What is your favorite color? I don't have one specific favorite, but I like blues, greens, plums, as well as rich earth tones
  • Your least favorite color? Burnt orange. Yellow-y greens. Neons. I'm iffy on pastels.
  • Do you have a favorite fiber? Superwash for socks. I'm more of a texture type of person, I like soft fibers that make the knitting process as much fun as the end product. I also prefer natural fibers, although I am curious about some of the tencel blends and sea silk/sea wool yarns.
  • Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? Not that I know of. I'm not fond of pure mohair but blends seem to be fine. Again, texture is key.
  • Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? Not at the moment.
  • What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? Lace and entrelac (and right now, short row heels which are frustrating me). These will be a bit down the road however because I have quite a few projects queued up for after I graduate in 2 weeks and they are mostly socks :)
  • Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks? I am on a fitness/eating program plan which is working very well for me. Please don't send me any snacks- I don't want the temptation and it takes me a while to get back on track if I indulge. If you really enjoy sending food items, I have an adorable pup who loves treats.
  • What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.) Living with my best friend (G) and sharing a springer spaniel/black lab rescue named Gypsy.
  • Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood? Right now, I love Options and Knitpicks Classic Circulars. They are pointy and slick, and I love the cords Knitpicks uses on their needles. I use 2 circulars for my socks, not DPNs.
  • Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? Right now, I'm really into socks. I could have three different socks going and be extremely happy. I'm hoping to try beginner lace at some point (my goal is before the end of the year).
  • Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? Monkeys or one of the Cookie A sock patterns. Eventually I'd love to try Sahara but that will be once my weight stops fluctuating, so probably 2008. I may try some Mrs. Beetons for myself and some holiday presents.
  • Do you like to read? Yes. Although with my schedule and schoolwork, I haven't read for pleasure as much as I normally would.
  • What are you reading currently? (please note, I am much more interesting than this list makes me sound- at least I hope I am!) On my nightstand:
  • Do you collect music? I *heart* my iPod. Absolutely.
  • What kind of music do you listen to? Right now, I'm playing the heck out of the new Amy Winehouse CD. Other favorites include Garbage, Dido, Sarah McLaughlin, 80s music (Billy Idol, Dead or Alive, old Madonna, Prince, Depeche Mode, that sort of thing), some alternative, Spanish guitar, some oldies. And 80s big-hair bands :) I'm not really into a lot of the pop that's out right now.
  • Is there anything you collect? Recipes. Unfortunately, any other collections, especially knickknacks, seem to turn into 'clutter' with me.
  • What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? Dyeing. Cooking. Reading. Working out. I am a fulltime marketing guru, fulltime grad student so hobby time is limited but I will be (hopefully) graduating in two weeks. When I get some free time, I'd like to start up bellydancing again.
  • Are you participating in any other swaps or knitalongs? Sockapalooza 4, debating on the next Secret Pal (11) exchange.
  • Do you have a favorite scent? Soft linen/cotton types, light scents of vanilla and lavender. I like cucumber-melon and mandarin orange scents, too. I prefer clean, fresh scents- nothing too sweet, spicy or cloying.
  • When is your birthday? Last week of October.

No comments: