Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Yarn diet. Schmarn diet.

I think I just did the yarn equivilant of eating my way through a whole box of Girl Scout cookies and THEN running out to buy another box!

Knit from Stash sounded like a great idea at the time, but sticking to it.... needs improvement.

I broke down, big time. I will try to blame it on stress from finals and finally receiving a belated birthday check from a family member (note: my b day is in October so this was a long time coming), but really, it just boiled down to me not wanting to miss an opportunity. Either way, I am really questioning if I should even be trying to knit from stash for the next 6+ months because I'm just unwilling to play by my own rules. I'm a knit-from-stash failure, but I'm going to try to stay on track. At least one more time.

I don't know why it is so soothing (and tempting) to go look at yarn pictures when I want to pull my hair out. They should not let stressed out people shop from home. I guess it should be said that I broke in the wee hours of the night and then this morning, I ADDED to my order before it shipped.

That being said, I was just tormented by a physical trainer for 75 minutes and forced to move in ways I don't think my body would normally go... plus I PAID them to make me hurt on top of my aching hips from rumba-ing last night. So maybe there are not-so-hidden consequences for my actions.

No comments: