Saturday, March 31, 2007

Doncha wish your feet had cool socks like me?

My Sockret Pal sent me the final reveal package and let me just say, it took my breath away!!! She's done such a wonderful job of spoiling me these past few months.

She sent me some handknit socks that she dyed herself (details below), two soaps that smelled absolutely amazing, a Lantern Moon bag that I put my next sock project in already... and some yummy Aztec Hot Chocolate that we are going to try out tonight or tomorrow. Such decadence!

I've been admiring the Lantern Moon bags for some time- I love the silk bags and this is so beautiful. I can't wait to carry it out in public.

The socks, however, are AMAZING. Kirsten knit them up from some yarn she dyed herself (Louet Gems base) and I was shocked to see how closely they are to the Cider Moon Juneau colorway I was admiring from The Loopy Ewe, but with subtle differences: a softer periwinkle blue which I prefer, and the light green just pops off the richness of the other shades. Kirsten really knows my tastes (and what an incredible job she did dyeing this yarn)!

The pattern is "Embossed Leaves" and simply beautiful. I'm not at the level where I can make something like this and I'm just in awe of having such intricate socks.

I've worn them all day :) They fit and are sooo snuggly and just... happy.

(I've also apparently worn out the welcome in this household of my rendition of "Doncha (Sock Remix)")





Thank you, Kirsten. You've been an awesome Sockret Pal!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I'm so glad you are happy with them! It is fun to see them displayed on the sock blockers!