Monday, March 26, 2007

Starting to get a little nervous...

I have a little more than 4 inches left to go on my first gift pair of socks- well, first completed matching pair of socks in general. I'm starting to get a little nervous. I've ripped these out more than a few times, trying to make them perfect since they are a gift for someone who is a very talented knitter. I want to be sure she feels she didn't get gypped with her exchange.

I don't want to rush and make a mistake but I'd like to get these to her before the end of the exchange. I am terrified they won't fit- she wears a different size than me so its been hard to gauge what will fit and won't be too big. We'll see how they look once they are done, washed and blocked.

The only things I've given to people before are family or friends who know I'm just starting, and they were felted which made it easy to hide any mistakes :) But this has been a good experience in learning how to recognize and address any mistakes, and to try to come up with the nicest socks I can.

No comments: