Sunday, March 11, 2007

Update

Note to my soon-to-be secret pal, please visit my sidebar to see my Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire.

My first Sockret Pal sock is done and I'll be casting on for the second during a finals break today. To keep me motivated, I wound my Socks That Rock (Watermelon Tourmaline) for my April project and it's all ready to go once I finish this pair. I'm on a roll- or I will be once I finish everything tonight! (Today is my last day for two classes on top of my fulltime job, and after this I only take one class at a time until July. Only one class seems like a vacation to me)

I've been wanting to dye lately, I have some white Lamb's Pride Bulky from my SP's first package and some sock yarn. But it either seems like I have major homework due or we are in a water crisis (two times this winter, both over a week long and on a boil water advisory and mandatory water restrictions). Luckily I was able to dye up the yarn for my Handpainted Spring Swap partner and since its been received I can show it off.

It's 70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk (fingering weight) and the actual yarn has a pretty sheen to it that my camera is not capturing well. I was hoping for soft, springy colors and this came out close to what I wanted.

No comments: