Thursday, July 20, 2006

The end is in sight!

And I'm celebrating... I was not sure how I would be spending all that free evening/weekend time during my month off from grad school, but I knew I had to teach myself how to do socks. I have that gorgeous yarn from my SP to try out, which I have set aside and sigh over occasionally. Before I even touch it, I have to make sure I am worthy of said yarn by making at least one somewhat normal looking pair on my Knitpicks yarn.

I tried twice with the veggie medley yarn, and I'm not any fonder of the colors. If it didn't remind me so much of a veggie medley, it would be "70s kitchen". I twisted it and just never made it beyond 10 rows or so. So... I have dusted off the Sensational Knitted Socks and a few tutorials, armed with two circs this time, and will be diving into it next week.

The cabling's going well. I've done 5 repeats and considering I'm only doing bits and pieces since I have a final due on Monday, I'm pleased. Stressed, but pleased.

No comments: