Monday, July 03, 2006

Singing the Praises of Water Mark

I am using Water Mark by Feista Yarns on a project for my secret pal (I wanted to at least start it this four day weekend, since I worry how much time I will have available to work on it with my finals coming up). If you asked me about it last night, I would have sworn off it. We watched an episode of Boston Legal last night and I thought I would be proactive and wind the yarn while we watched. It tangled, badly- it didn't even get into knots so much as the mohair would attach itself. So... I worked it out. Slowly. For 2 and a half hours. Arrrgh.

But even in the heat of my frustration, touching this yarn was amazing. I have never felt anything like it. I knitted up a swatch this morning on my denise needles and was astonished at how much I loved it. It's just the right weight, perfect amount of slip, the stitches look plump and well defined, and the color is gorgeous. I had to make myself stop knitting with it so I can work on my assignments.

I may have just found an addiction.

No comments: