Sunday, July 02, 2006

Selecting the right project

I finally know what I am going to make for my One Skein SP! The third exchange for the program is to exchange a gift which only uses one skein. I'm been really mulling over the options of what I can make that she would like, but that also fits my abilities and skill level. I've never given anything I've made to a more experienced knitter, let alone someone I don't know that well. I hope I can do something nice for her to appreciate.

She likes cool colors and I thought this was a lovely choice:





Yarn: Water Mark, from Fiesta Yarns
Color: Glacier Mist
Fiber Content: 60% Mohair and 40% Wool (so incredibly soft and squeezable)

I considered a drop stitch scarf to show off the gorgeous changes in color, but opted instead of a Teeny Tiny Felted Tote which is big enough for a small wallet, cell phone and lipstick. I heard this yarn felts really well. We'll see how it goes! It's a relief to have picked something.

No comments: