Thursday, October 05, 2006

My list of WIPs

I finished my first Fuzzy Foot for d, who's birthday is later this month. So I have about a week to finish the second and mail it out with instructions on how to felt. This was the first time I've ever dyed a yarn (Lamb's Pride) with a person as an inspiration and I'm pleased with how it is looking. It definitely suits her.




In contrast to the huge fuzzy foot, I started my child's sock for Socktoberfest (and for Dulaan). I'm using Sock Garden in Star Gazer Lily, now discontinued, from Knitpicks and this is my first time using size 2 needles. I have to say, I like how the color is not pooling as much as it was on my first sock.











I am doing a dishcloth knitalong... currently using up scraps in a scrap dishcloth for myself:












and my first ballband dishcloth which is waiting for an orange border trim. (This angle reminds me of peeps)





And I picked up this mohair last weekend at my LYS. It's Filatura Di Crosa Multicolor (and the flash is washing it out a bit but trust me, the color is fabulous).
I only picked up one skein because it was an unexpected splurge, and then I decided to try to make a lacy scarf to make the most of the yardage. I love the colors.

So this is my first attempt at working with mohair AND doing anything with open stitches. I'm not sure how I like the mohair but we'll see how it goes. I think its a variation of a fan and feather pattern. It makes me think so I can't work on it as often as a dishcloth or sock, but it's engaging.


And at the end of my WIP list is my Irish Hiking scarf but I have that stashed at work.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Beautiful projects! I am envious! Keep up the good work!!