Sunday, February 04, 2007

Knitalongs, Swaps

I've joined the Sock a Month KAL which should hopefully keep me on track to completing my socks and making sure I actually make pairs of socks, and not just random single ones. My goal is to complete 6 pairs of socks, one for each month from February - July. So my February pair will be my Sockret Pal pair, so that I can gift my pal with socks around the first of March in my final package/reveal to her. I'm using the basic ribbed pattern from my other sock knitalong (for novices).

Project Spectrum 2.0 started in February... the colors for Feb/March are blue, white and grey. In April/May, the colors are yellow, pink and green- I'm thinking the Watermelon Tourmaline sock yarn my sockret pal gave me will be perfect for that, and will also fit within my Sock a Month goals. I also have some green sock yarn I was planning to use for the informal green sock KAL, so I think I'm set. Although seeing how gorgeous this Fleece Artist colorway ("Rainforest") knit up into socks, I may have to set that aside for my splurge later on in the year.

My current swaps on Swapbot include a dyed yarn exchange and a scarf kit, both which end this month. I've found the pattern and yarn for the scarf kit. Now all I need to do is get the assorted goodies to accompany the kit (including a mug and hot beverages), and that should go in the mail tomorrow. I'm still deciding what direction to take with the dyed yarn. I'm also doing the international sassy sock yarn swap later this month.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I would like to know how you feel about swap.bots. Have you been successful in trading yarns and so on through that site?

Laura Nixon
http://knitting.craftgossip.com/

k said...

I have had two very successful swaps where I loved all the items and one where I am still waiting to receive mine.

At this point, I participate in swaps that only allow high rated swappers to participate, or ones that ban swappers with 'no sends'. There does seem to be a few people that sign up but never swap (you can tell by their ratings- usually extremely low).

It works well for me: short term commitment and since I am trying to 'knit from stash', this is a fun way to receive and try new yarns.