Friday, January 19, 2007

Temptation ahead...

Oh... this is SO cute!!! Martini Sock Blockers!! I love them! I'm just not sure I can order from Scout without being tempted by her gorgeous yarn.

I was up at 3 am and could NOT go back to sleep this morning. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me to work on my socks but I somehow thought knitting would acknowledge the fact I wasn't going to go back to bed. So instead I kept checking email or blog surfing and waiting to get tired... the next thing I knew the sun was coming up. Argh. Thank goodness for Sugar Free Red Bull!

But we have movies to watch this weekend (Illusionist and some random Kevin Spacey movie), and with the sport weight yarn I am using, I'm hoping the socks come along quickly. I'd like to try some Cascade Fixation anklets, too, except I'm not sure if I want to learn the short row heel or just do them with the heel flap I always do. Luckily, I stocked up on Fixation a while back since they don't sell it locally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you!! everything is goregous! A lovely surprise on a rainy afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Did you enjoy the Illusionist? I loooove Ed Norton, so it's a movie I really need to see!
I did a pair of cascade anklets for my grandmother, and I used a short row heel. The elastic in the yarn made picking up all of those little wraps very easy for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was me! Sorry!

-SecretPal

k said...

I enjoyed the illusionist- it was fun (although I figured it out fairly quickly).

My all-time favorite movie of his was Primal Fear.