Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Not socks??

I've been kicking around the idea of a fingering weight Clapotis and it seems like the ones I am considering will make perfect gifts. My options are a supersolid sock yarn from Cherry Tree Hill (in a vibrant purple- I have someone in mind for that one) or a fingering weight solid red alpaca (someone else in mind). The Yahoo group for Clapotis will be closing at the end of the year, so I'd like to get started before it closes. At least then I'll have a place to ask questions if needed.

I've heard the first Clap usually gets frogged quite a bit, so maybe I'll test it out on inexpensive yarn until I understand the pattern, since it is one of the more complicated ones I will have done so far.

Reminder to self: check out this tutorial

2 comments:

Knitwise Cracker said...

Yeah, you do the Clapotis & I will go back to my Swallowtail. Sounds good, but I'm all talk!!

k said...

I'd love to try lace but there are times when a lace project seems so big compared to my usual socks. Maybe I'll try some lace socks, first?