Saturday, December 02, 2006

Holiday Meme

A fun little Christmas themed meme from Fuzzy Britches

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate... or hot cider.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap... although there was a time when he left tiny presents in my shoes on the hearth

3. Fake tree or real tree? Real.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? When we decorate and if we can find real mistletoe, yes.

5. When do you put up your decorations? It really depends on our schedules.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I'm not sure I have one that is associated with the holidays. We do a nice dinner for Christmas Day, though.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Sneaking out at 5:30 am to check my stocking.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I kept asking Santa for his autograph (I lived in the Netherlands at the time. They had a friend at work write me notes in German from 'Sinter Klaus'... he left me a German-English dictionary in my shoes to translate my notes... confused me quite a bit since the writing was different and my parents don't speak German)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I like having a coordinated tree. White and gold ornaments, wine velvet bows and white lights. I love [real] wreaths/garland and candles, but am not a big fan of large plastic/blow-up lawn ornaments or faux plants.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it, but I don't like to drive in it. But watching it come down is so peaceful, especially with hot cider and a log fire going...

12. Can you ice skate? I'm originally a southern girl. I can wobble around upright on skates but the little kids zooming around at breakneck speed makes me a bit nervous.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Most have some special meaning at the time I receive them.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Being with loved ones.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I honestly don't think I have one. Christmas Creme Brulee?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? In Texas, we would open presents with lots of pictures, then relax for a bit and then head over to our closest family friends' house and do a second gift exchange, play board games and have dinner. I also enjoy caroling parties.

17. What tops your tree? I'm not sure... I think we have to buy something this year. I'll know next week when we decorate.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I loving giving... from planning it out depending on the person to watching their face when they open it. Sometimes I start planning in the summer. I enjoy receiving, especially when it's been thoughtfully selected.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Please Come Home for Christmas. Or when caroling... God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Although I'd really like to get the new Sarah McLaughlin Christmas CD... her voice is so angelic.

I do get burned out on a lot of Christmas Music, though, because the malls start playing it in mid November.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Sometimes?

No comments: