Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

After much anticipation, I opened up my package from my spoilee from Secret Pal 8

Inside were some awesome crocheted slippersocks in a gorgeous, vibrant blue wool, and two of the Ballband Washcloths. The slippersocks went on immediately, of course, and the washcloths are already hanging near my sink, waiting patiently for after Christmas dinner. Thank you! I was so touched by you taking the time to make these little beauties for me!

This weekend, I did a custom dye project for someone at work to gift to her sister who loves to crochet. She liked the color of one of my first dye projects so I tried to go with a foliage/redwood type color scheme. The colors came out really well... it's vibrant but not overly so, and very autumnal. I don't crochet but she should have 425 yards of worsted weight wool, so I'm hoping that gives her enough for a scarf.

We'll see on Wednesday how my co-worker likes it, once I get it labelled.

I also received a set of knitpicks options needles from my sister, along with some cape cod sock yarn and some Jacquard dyes and superwash Bare yarn! What a suprise... I can't wait to try it out.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Glad you liked the presents. BTW, believe it or not, the slipper socks were done with that pebble rib knit pattern I sent you... and if you bind them off wrong-side out, you get a totally different look! Majorly easy even for a non-sock knitter like me!