Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I broke down and did it.

I ordered a ball winder from Joanns, courtesy of a 50% coupon advertised in the margins of the forums at craftster.org I believe it's good for April.

I was doing fine handwinding small amounts of yarn, but this latest batch of orangy goodness is just crying out for a ballwinder. Not to mention some of the Nature Wool I have which is great yarn, but terrible to wind. And is it bad that I don't knit socks (yet), but bought sock yarn from Knitpicks that I'm impatiently waiting for? (small voice) I just wanted to take advantage of the sale... that, and they had the One Skein book for less than I had seen anywhere else.

I'm going to have to say no more yarn until I can either learn how to make socks or knit a little faster! Luckily, I have signed up for both Secret Pal 8 and One Skein Secret Pals, so I can focus on splurging for my secret pals instead. That's the plan, anyway.

I have three sets of wool booties and I'm hoping to try out a newborn hat this weekend. I'm hoping to have at least 5 sets of booties and a hat, maybe (crossing fingers) two hats to send off to afghans for Afghans before the 23rd of April. The color is just as bright as the picture promised- wow- no one will lose these babies!! But it definitely is a happy color.

I did finish "Knitting Rules" and I was sad to discover it was the end of the book, already! I highly recommend it.

No comments: