Sunday, November 19, 2006

This and that...

It was a productive weekend... just not for knitting or dyeing. But we finally finished some chores that we'd been putting off for entirely too long, so I'm happy. I just realized this weekend that I'll graduate with my Master's degree in about 8 months, which sort of snuck up on me.

A friend told me about a opportunity in my field and it dawned on me that I need to start looking at some point in the next couple of months, and that I'm not prepared to make that kind of a move yet. After the holidays, I'll start seriously looking at what- and where- my next step is going to be. In the meantime, I'm sorting through books, closets, clothes... donating, storing, purging or packing. I've been living with G for so long that it's strange to sort out my items from 'ours'.

So far, I've lived in:
  • Louisiana
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Texas (north)
  • Texas (San Antonio)
  • Netherlands
  • Texas (College Station)
  • Santa Monica, California
  • DC Metro area
  • West Virginia

I'm hoping to get a lot of knitting and studying done this next week, since I'm only working Monday and Tuesday.

On my needles:
  • Dulaan hat 3*
  • the irish hiking scarf I just need to focus on and finish*
  • children's socks*
  • scarf out of Patons SWS
  • scraps dishcloth
  • mohair scarf (on the backburner... not sure how I liked working with the mohair)
  • aqua socks
*Priority for next two weeks for Knit Unto Others

I seriously need a couple of pairs of the Knitpicks sock sized circulars. But as much as I love the aqua socks, I think I'd have more fun knitting on more than one at a time so I don't get sick of the one I'm working on. I've been putting it off because I know that I'll end up ordering other stuff, too. Knitpicks is dangerous that way, but I'm going to summon up all self restraint and order them tomorrow.

No comments: