Friday, November 17, 2006

catching up...

Not much knitting going on in Casa K... mostly being sick and counting down to Thanksgiving. I received a wonderful ecard from my secret pal with a cute little puppy on it- reminded me of Gypsy when she's actually behaving.

My SP8 spoilee has been working on some really cool crocheted slippers, and out of the blue, she sent me an awesome kit how to learn to crochet, a couple of patterns (not pictured because I promptly filed them like the organized person I want to be), and a cool wooden 'k' which is currently gracing my study desk! The patterns look like fun and now I can finally learn how to crochet. She's been such a sweet person to get to know. Thank you!!!

My yarn for the felted bag that I'm making for my knit mit kit pal arrived and it is a beautiful brilliant turquoise. Since there will be some needlefelting (my first attempt at that) I wanted it to be a bright color that would contrast well. It's a little more rich and saturated than the color would indicate in this picture but I love it. I'll start that this weekend if the pattern arrives in time.

And I'm nearly done with my first teddy bear for the Mother Bear Project. What a fun knit! All that's left is putting on the eyes and mouth (which has been a bit challenging... I tried one face already but it would have scared small children!) I also overstuffed the poor bear but then decided to put him on a diet and he is much more cuddly this way. I'm going to try to make another one for the Knit Unto Others KAL starting tomorrow.

No comments: