Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm officially off the "Knit From Stash" diet

I'll still try to not buy excessive yarn, but it's too hard to overlook a fantastic sale. So I figured I would pass it along.

Knitpicks has a one week sale (through 5/4) on their:
  • Decadence (100% Superfine Alpaca)
  • Panache (40% Baby Alpaca, 20% Cashmere, 20% Silk, 20% Extrafine Merino)
  • Ambrosia (80% Baby Alpaca, 20% Cashmere)
all for $3.99/skein.

I've been dying to purchase some Ambrosia for myself since I gifted my Secret Pal 9 spoilee with it last year... it's incredibly soft. And since I needed some sock sized needles, it didn't take much encouragement to put in an order last night (I blame the stress from my statistics final project). I did manage to look around for a project to use the yarn on instead of just randomly purchasing it.

Now I'm wondering if I should have ordered some Decadence in the Winter Berry colorway...

2 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Those are all sock yarns on sale, right? And posting a picture of your sock yarn stash is evil but beautiful. You really are determined to make me want to get back to trying the socks! One of the reasons I love you. :)

k said...

I don't think I would use any of the knitpicks yarns on sale for socks, but that is just me.

I liked this pattern (http://tinyurl.com/25tn6b) for the Ambrosia I picked, or possibly a soft pair of wristwarmers or shawl like this (http://tinyurl.com/yuggrz)

But I am glad to tempt you :) Try the socks :)