Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Twas brillig and the slithy toves...

I rarely show my appreciation for those blogs I visit regularly. They are funny, informative, interesting, inspiring, and cause me to buy way too much yarn :) Sometimes they make me feel a little less alone with my fiber obsession. But above all else, they are coherent! Thank you.

I've done a little blog surfing during a study break and the last two new ones I visited, I can't understand what they are writing about. There's either (a lot of) words missing or some sort of lingo I just don't get, but I may as well have been reading Jabberwocky. I think it is a stream of consciousness style of writing but it was so difficult to follow.

That was supposed to be a mental break from my paper, but I think it made my head ache trying to translate it into English. Maybe that's a good excuse to go knit while I zip through last night's DVRed Colbert Report. And then, back to my paper.

My knitting buddy finished her Ampersand socks way ahead of me and they look awesome! I'm so impressed (and motivated!!) Way to go!!

2 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I used to surf for blogs and found some that were interesting but alas, I have not done so for a long time. Today since I had the day off I did go visit a few I hadn't read for a while. Motivation is hard to come by these days, eh? :)

Knitwise Cracker said...

I thought that was you who left a comment on my blog. Thanks!! Glad you got a little break today at least. Reading Jabberwocky seems harder than any study you may be doing for your masters!!