Thursday, March 30, 2006

Impatiently knitting...

I'm still working through the Knitalong shawl in red (for this month's project spectrum color). Now it's looking like a kerchief sized for a large troll. I've been trying not to set it aside because I like the idea that I'm a "knitter who is focused and finishes her projects". I really want to be that knitter.

Does that person even exist?

But oh- temptation is lurking around the corner in the form of Kureyon, which I purchased for a future Booga bags (intended as a holiday gift but at my present rate of knitting, who knows how long that will take?)

Now that's its arrived, though... I can't stop looking at it and wondering how it will knit up. I've even tried rationalizing it to myself: Project Spectrum's April color is yellow- see there's yellow in that. Drop everything and Booga in April!

I am weakening, but still trying to fight off the temptations. I need smaller projects that are portable and won't have even a free weekend till May 15. So sadly, I'm packing up the pretty stash and tucking it far away. Maybe I'll try to slowly work through the shawl during lunches.

No comments: