Friday, January 27, 2006

Stash Update

I'm debating on whether to join the Knitting Olympics that Yarn Harlot is sponsoring, so I decided to look through my tiny assortment of stash.

I have my Araucania Nature wool in this gorgeous blue, three skeins worth. I've been trying to decide what it would be good for, possibly the Irish Walking Scarf? I'm just worried that learning cables for the first time, what with my night school, work and workout schedule... I may be too slow to finish the full scarf. I want to be challenged, but also realistic. But I really want to see how this knits up.


I have some inexpensive 100% cotton to knit a set of matched dishcloths. While that sounds simple, it is a challenge for me. Each pattern I've selected to do a dishcloth in has a stitch- including cables- or technique that I've never done before. It's on a small enough scale that I should be able to meet my challenge during the Olympics, and still balance work and school without losing my mind.

And it's for a good cause: I'd like to send a set of dishcloths and kitchen towels as part of a "thinking of you" package to someone special. So right now this is my sentimental choice.

No comments: